Did you know there is such a thing as ‘healthy cookies’? Truly healthy cookies are not made with artificial sweeteners, so beware!
In these chocolate avocado cookies, the avocado replaces the butter; I know, the crazy, right? But, seriously, these cookies are organic and not all that bad for you! Avocados are rich and soft, therefore, they make a great substitute for unhealthy butter. You can’t taste the avocado, so don’t freak out.
Avocados are a great source of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. The taste blends so well with the other ingredients, you can’t even taste it. These cookies are also sweetened with honey instead of refined, white sugar and use no white flour! These cookies are chewy, chocolaty, and just all around perfect.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Puree avocado in a food processor or high-speed blender until very smooth
3. Add other ingredients, one at a time and pulse until the batter is smooth
4. Chill the batter in the fridge for one hour
5. Fill a pastry bag and pipe batter onto cookie sheet, or drop the batter by heaping tablespoons.
6. Bake for 15-17 minutes
7. Let cool for 5 minutes.