Much like breakups and taxes, large pores are a natural part of life. Just because they are going to happen does not mean that there is nothing you can do about it!
Pretty much every woman, at some point in her life, has had to deal with those stubborn blackheads. Men, you have them too. Blackheads, or comedo, a wide opening in the skin with black skin debris covering the pore. A comedo is a widened hair follicle which is filled with debris such as; keratin, bacteria and oil.
Sebum is a lubricates the hair and skin and usually exits through the pores. However, sometimes the sebum can become blocked from exiting the pores completely, and bacteria can accumulate in the pores. Blackheads are usually caused by an overproduction of oil in the skin.
These tips can help you to keep your blackheads at bay and shrink those pores!
1. Use an oil-free cleanser: the oil free cleanser will wash away dirt, oil, and makeup without taking away the essential moisture in your face. Rinse your face with cold water. Cold water shrinks the pores.
2. Use a clay mask: clay masks strip the water and oil from the skin and making your pores look smaller. Get clay masks that have the bentonite and kaoline clay.
3. Try other facial masks: you can try mixing 2 whole eggs, four tablespoons of sugar, and a few drops of and acidic liquid and spread the mixture onto your face, wait 15 minutes and rinse with cold water.
4. Try skin toners: skin toners tone and even out the skin. Toners help get rid of oil and shine, helps prevent breakouts, and keeps pores from clogging.
5. Astringents: Astringents are much like toners, but they are stronger, and alcohol based. Alcohol-based astringents are only suggested for tolerant and oily skin.
6. Use skin exfoliation: exfoliate by putting a cleanser on your face and gently scrubbing with a gritty scrub.
7. Vitamin C: Vitamin C increases the skin’s production of collagen and elastin.
8. Steam: You need hot water, lemon juice, ice cubes, and a washcloth. Fill a large bowl with hot water and hold your face over the bowl for 3-5 minutes. After, put lemon juice on the washcloth and dab it onto your face and rinse with cool water. After you rinse, rub your face with the ice cubes. Alternate between hot water, lemon juice and ice cubes and watch your pores shrink!
9. No overnight makeup: leaving makeup on your face overnight clogs your pores and allows the skin to get oily that can cause blemishes and large pores.
10. Drink water: cutting the soft drinks and replacing them with water can reduce the size in your pores. Water flushes out toxins in the body and soft drinks pose a threat to your health.
Try these tips to help with those stubborn large pores, they can change your life.